Say “Hello!” to the outdoors with a custom-built deck. Smart and functional, created with weather resistant materials, a planked deck will serve your family in a thousand enjoyable ways.
Designing your deck involves understanding five important factors: use, function, shape, size, aesthetics and materials. Once we have discussed these five factors, your deck design will come into focus. We work closely with you to make sure your design fits your needs as well as your budget.
- Use – How you plan on using your deck is the number one feature when determining design. Your deck should function for current use, as well as future use. If you plan on adding an outdoor kitchen or firepit later, then we will need to add extra bracing beneath the deck for support. Outdoor kitchens can weigh several hundred pounds.
- Function – Is your deck strictly serving as an entertainment area or will it serve other functions? The main purpose of having a deck is to extend your outdoor living area to provide a comfortable place to entertain or just relax. If your deck also needs to serve other functions, like covering cracked concrete or leveling out a sloped yard, then that will need to be incorporated into the design.
- Size – A wonderful benefit of custom decks is their ability to be built in any shape or size. Small, medium, or large the size of your deck depends completely on your needs and budget. Many decks are built over existing concrete and can extend as far as you need.
- Aesthetics – The beauty of your deck is a very important feature. We design and build your deck to complement your outdoor environment and add value to your home.
- Materials – The three main materials used to construct outdoor decks are cedar, redwood and pressure-treated wood. Redwood and cedar are normally rot and insect resistant. Each type needs to be re-stained every 3 – 5 years.
- Pressure – Treated wood is typically softwood lumber that is chemically treated to resist insect and weather damage.
Built for durability and function, a beautiful outdoor deck can add value to your home. Perfect for grilling, relaxing or a spirited game of cards. There’s no better way to extend your living area and create an open air gathering place for family and friends than your very own, customized deck.
Call us today at 405.702.4442 for
your FREE Deck estimate
CLICK HERE FOR A FREE ESTIMATE
Raised deck, in Yukon, added around the pool, using traditional wood, not stained.